Release Notes for Client SDK v1.18
Release date: August 11, 2023
- [LS1-1479] Fixed a bug that would cause browser clients to stream at 480p resolution even though a higher resolution was requested.
Release date: August 8, 2023
- [LS1-1477] Fixed a bug preventing connections over local peer reflexive candidates generated on the local subnet under certain circumstances.
Release date: August 3, 2023
- [LS1-1440] Made improvements in high-latency networks so that connections become connected much quicker.
- [LS1-1439] Fixed an issue preventing Android SDK from running on Android 8.1 and Android 9 when using ImageViewSink.
- [LS1-1435] Fixed a bug where a client might not send all of the candidates it had gathered.
- [LS1-1369] Fixed a bug where, when Connection.IceGatherPolicy was set to NoHost, media connectivity was being established over the relay server, even if a more direct route over public Internet (i.e. over a local server reflexive candidate) was available, causing unnecessary load on the relay server and increased latency. Further, this bug resulted in invalid reporting of active candidate pairs when no IceGatherPolicy restriction was set - clients were erroneously reporting being connected from a private IP port when in fact connectivity was happening over a public IP port.
Release date: July 11, 2023
- [LS1-1437] Fixed an issue that prevented connections from succeeding if local media constraints such as frame or resolution were not set.
Release date: July 7, 2023
- [LS1-1436] Fixed an issue on Firefox where the video resolution was not always obtained when registering with the Media Server, resulting in an overcalculation of the Media Server's used capacity.
Release date: July 5, 2023
- [LS1-1372] Added new client SDK libraries that can be used to develop iOS and Android applications using the .NET Multi-platform App UI (.NET MAUI) cross-platform framework. The libraries support .NET 6.0+ and are available through the NuGet package manager.
- [LS1-1387] Added round-trip time stats to the media receiver report and media receiver stats. Media sender stats updated to ensure that round trip times are taken from ICE layer allowing for more precise calculations.
- [LS1-1398] Connection Failure messages now contain all the route ICE Transport attempted before failing connection (if connection failed due to not being able to establish network connectivity with peer). Failed routes are logged only if at least DEBUG level is enabled and only for Media Servers and non-web based clients.
- [LS1-1354] Added configurable DeadStreamTimeout to ManagedConnection class.
- [LS1-1361] Improved Cocoa memory handling related to destroying local and remote media.
- [LS1-1402] Fixed a bug where audio packets were being held for too long when packet loss was occurring.
- [LS1-1393] Fixed a bug where data stream sending would get stuck under certain conditions.
- [LS1-1243] Fixed a bug where a connection wasn't changing state to failed.
- [LS1-1352] Fixed an issue where Sender Report timestamp values could be incorrect, which could produce excessively large recording durations. This may also improve intermittent lip sync issues.
- [LS1-1379] Fixed a bug causing a memory leak in logging in Cocoa.
- [LS1-1157] Fixed a slow memory leak in iOS SDK related to logging.
- [LS1-1357] Fixed a bug in RTP JitterBuffer, where a null reference exception could be thrown at connection shutdown.
- [LS1-1370] Fixed a problem causing a black screen when screen sharing in Safari 16.3 and earlier in macOS Ventura. Safari 16.4 and later versions, as well as macOS Big Sur were not affected.
- [LS1-1392] Fixed a bug in Chrome where the MediaTrackStats weren't being populated.
- [LS1-533] Remove link time optimization in Opus library which resolves a compile failure when trying to include the LiveSwitch libraries in an XCFramework package. The build error contains “unable to find any architecture information in the binary.”
- [LS1-1374] Fixed a bug in the FM.LiveSwitch NuGet package that resulted in a warning about the Mono.Posix library when loaded on .NET Core projects.
- [LS1-1355] Updated macOS Example to demonstrate best practices to avoid memory leaks in Cocoa.