Release Notes for Cloud Services v1.0 - v1.3
This page includes release notes for LiveSwitch Cloud Console, Cloud Service, and WebRTC Servers for versions 1.3 and older. For newer versions, visit the Release Notes for LiveSwitch Cloud page and select the product version you want to review. As of 1.4.0, Cloud Service is now API Service.
Cloud Service 1.3.2 - August 27, 2020
- Added a new API endpoint /Applications to support sending channel messages (SER-101):
- SendChannelMessage sends a message to a channel.
- SendChannelUserMessage sends a message to a specific user in a channel.
- SendChannelDeviceMessage sends a message to a specific device in a channel.
- SendChannelClientMessage sends a message to a specific client in a channel;
- Fixed a bug where ApplicationConfig was serialized as a full entity property within ApplicationWebhook and ChannelConfig was serialized as a full entity property within ChannelWebhook (SER-101);
Cloud Service 1.3.1 - August 25, 2020
- Fixed a regression causing requests to the subscriptions controller to list support plans failed to return a result (SER-107):
Cloud Console 1.3.1 - August 25, 2020
- Fixed an issue where entering invalid values on the Billing page would not show the appropriate error message (LSC-1296);
Cloud Console 1.3.0 - August 13, 2020
- Download links will now point to the latest SDK version (LSC-1086);
- Added a new section, Beta Client SDK Downloads, to the Downloads page. This section lists the latest client SDK builds from the n + 1 minor version (LSC-1277);
- Added a 24 hour session timeout to the LiveSwitch Cloud Console (LSC-1119);
- Added MCU simulcast config settings to the LiveSwitch Cloud console (LSC-575);
- Added client side validation to validate user inout on all forms (LSC-416);
- When deleting an Application, the confirmation dialog now refers to the Application by the (human readable) Tag (instead of the Id), making it easier to confirm you are deleting the correct Application (LSC-1203);
- Added video input crop options to allow cropping video and decide a pixel margin between video frames in the Channel MCU configuration (LSC-1226);
- Added MCU Simulcast Config (LSC-575);
- Added SFU simulcast config (LSC-1268);
- Added webhook events for channel activation and channel deactivation (LSC-914);
- Applied validation rules on SFU for video input encodings (LSC-1268);
- Fixed an issue where the "Try a test call" link was not reporting data to the console if the user had more than one application (LSC-1243);
- Fixed an issue where the Sessions page would not have an app already selected on load (LSC-1294);
- The default API Key on the API keys page will no longer appear. This key is used internally to authorize and authenticate your requested changes against the server and it cannot be changed. Listing it was confusing (LSC-1059);
- Adjusted heights of several modal dialogs on the Subscription page so that they display better when using smaller screen sizes (LSC-408);
- Updated Channel Config input validation rules to use real world values (LSC-575);
WebRTC Servers 188.8.131.52084
- Updated Media Server to apply max input bitrate to each simulcast encoding instead of to the sum of the simulcast encodings (LS-5219);
- Fixed a bug where changing the direction of an MCU/SFU audio stream from sendrecv/sendonly to inactive/recvonly (disabling it) and then back to sendrecv/sendonly (enabling it again) would result in failure to activate the audio flow (LS-5227);
- Fixed a bug where outbound video may freeze at first when simulcast is enabled on an MCU connection with bandwidth adaptation disabled (LS-5230);
- Fixed a bug in the jitter buffer where it could mishandle multiple timestamp resets, resulting in incorrect timestamp gap calculation. This resulted in errors further up the pipeline related to arithmetic overflow or array indices out of bounds due to untenable timestamp jumps (IL-3351);
- Fixed iOS bug where no audio is played when the iOS is receive only (LS-4829);
- Fixed Safari bug where audio cuts off when reloading the page (LS-4829);
WebRTC Servers 184.108.40.206464 - July 24, 2020
- Fixed an issue where PCMU/PCMA/G.722 encodings would be signalled to change their bitrate, which isn't possible with a fixed bitrate encoder (LS-5223);
- Updated audio/video mixer logging to include client and connection metadata where relevant (LS-5223);
- Fixed an issue where an encoding might be paused in the client due to a spike in latency between frames (LS-5223);
WebRTC Servers 220.127.116.11273 - July 22, 2020
- Fixed a regression in 1.9.0 that would cause local recording to stop if there were no downstream consumers of an SFU upstream (LS-5176);
- Fixed a bug where MCU media might not activate after initializing a receive-only MCU connection and changing the direction to send-receive (LS-5172);
- Fixed a bug where MCU media might freeze after initialization (LS-5118);
- Fixed a bug where fast simulcast layer switching could result in an encoding failing to activate (LS-5169);
- Fixed a bug where changing the direction of a media stream in a P2P or MCU connection would cause other media streams to deactivate (LS-5172);
WebRTC Servers 18.104.22.168787 - July 9, 2020
- Added server-side API methods for sending messages to a channel or to a specific user, device, or client in a channel (LS-5143);
Channelobject now includes
Updatemethods. In order to use these, the channel claim must have
CanUpdateenabled respectively. These new methods have the same behaviour as the REST endpoints for kicking and updating channels (LS-4689);
- Updated media server to automatically deactivate upstream encodings that are not actively being consumed, e.g. by recording or an SFU or MCU downstream receiver (LS-3132):
- Added MediaPipe.DeactivatedByApplication and MediaPipe.DeactivatedByServer to help differentiate the two reasons MediaPipe.Deactivated can be true;
- Added MediaSource.DeactivatedByApplication and MediaSource.DeactivatedByServer to help differentiate the two reasons MediaSource.Deactivated can be true;
- MediaPipe.Paused will be set to true if a media pipe processes a paused notification (ccm tmmbn with bitrate of 0), and set to false if a media pipe processes a resume notification (ccm tmmbn with bitrate greater than 0) or a media frame (RTP media);
- MediaSink.Paused will be set to true if a media sink processes a paused notification (ccm tmmbn with bitrate of 0), and set to false if a media sink processes a resume notification (ccm tmmbn with bitrate greater than 0) or a media frame (RTP media);
- MediaSource.Paused will be set to false if the media source state changes to Started and true otherwise;
- MediaStream.Paused will be set to true if all inputs are disabled and false otherwise;
- ResetAudioPipe and ResetVideoPipe will allow ccm tmmbr and ccm tmmbn media control frames to pass through. The ControlFrameAllowed and ControlFrameResponseAllowed properties have been added to allow overriding this default behaviour;
- Added VideoStream.RaiseBitrateRequest and VideoStream.OnDiscardBitrateNotification to TypeScript SDK;
- Mouse cursor is a default cursor when there is a single channel in the channel list of application config page (LSC-1242);
- Added input validation to Audio/Video Input Max Bitrate in MCU and SFU in Channel Config (LSC-1212);
- Duration in Sessions displays in a format of "hh:mm:ss"(LSC-1077);
- Round up quality to integer in Session Info (LSC-1076);
- Fixed responsive issues on Application detail page, Channel page, Application page and Dashboard page (LSC-395);
- Fixed an issue where the "submit" button would show when no changes have been made (LSC-943);
- Fixed console errors appearing on the billing page (LSC-943);
- Fixed an issue where some accounts would receive a "Failed to update info" error on the Billing page (LSC-943);
- Fixed an error where channel can be named as '*' and cannot be deleted because it is considered as a default channel (LSC-1217);
- Added input validation to Audio/Video Input Max Bitrate in MCU and SFU in Channel Config (LSC-1212);
- Added rate limiting to Dashboard stats queries (LSC-1245);
- Fixed a bug where editing default channel properties was not possible (SER-58);
- Improved error handling for updating organization details (SER-64);
- "Try a test call" link will now open Codepen in a new tab instead of the current one (LSC-1132);
- Fixed an issue where a new channel's configuration not be edited until a page reload (LSC-1099);
- Fixed an issue where saving settings on a new channel would result in an error (LSC-1098);
- On the hourly and daily connection graphs, added links to a CodePen which allows creating a new connection using the selected Application (LSC-951);
- When using the Console, if you have no Application Configurations defined, then a default Application Configuration, with the tag "My App", is created for you (LSC-948);
- Added a call button to the Application listing which opens a Codepen that provides an easy way to get a test connection (LSC-952);
- Moved the Connection Statistics table to its own page, found under "Sessions" (LSC-946);
- To make configuring your Client code easier, we added the Cloud Gateway URL to the Application Configuration page (LSC-1044);
- Added a second level drilldown level to the Web Usage by Browser chart, which shows OS version data per OS (LSC-523);
- Adjusted charts on Console Dashboard so that the first day and first hour on the Daily Connections and Hourly Connections graphs, respectively, aren't excluding results for that timebox (LSC-929);
- Fixed a bug in Hourly and Daily connections where P2P connection counts were being doubled in some cases (LSC-929);
- Fixed a bug where the "Create Your First Connection" step of the tour remained incomplete even after successfully connecting a Client [SER-3].
- Fixed a bug where creating an Application or Channel Webhook would send back the wrong response text in the case of an error (LSC-966);
- Improved security on the Application configuration APIs (LSC-1050);
- Fixed a bug where Channel Configurations failed to save with a
400error when any change was made (LSC-1051);
- Added an interactive and comprehensive Guided Tour of Console features which, among other features, guides the user through creation of their first connection.
- Added a new "Usage by Platform" report to the Dashboard which presents aggregate results of Client platform usage with respect to the given Application.
- Added a new "Usage by Browser" report to the Dashboard which, for Web Clients, presents aggregate results of Client browser usage with respect to the given Application.
- Added a new "Unique IPs by Location" report to the Dashboard which shows the geolocation of Client Connections with respect to the given Application.
- Added a new "Previous 24 Hours" tab to the Dashboard's Connection Statistics report. This view shows historical Channel, Client, and Connection details with respect to the given Application over the previous 24 hours. It also supports drilling into specific Client connection statistics graphs for the given Client connection.
- Updated the Client SDK links of the Downloads page to point to the latest Cloud Compatible Client SDK version.
- Adjusted overall theme across all pages making the look and feel consistent.
- Fixed several small specific styling and layout issues.
- Fixed several small responsive issues.
GA Release of Cloud Console and REST API - 1.0.1 Initial Release - July 4, 2019
- Authentication and Account Management.
- Dashboard statistics in real-time.
- Counts of active channels, clients, and connections.
- Hourly and daily connections reports.
- Active reporting by channel, client, and connection.
- Drill-down to real-time client connection statistics reporting.
- Application and Channel configuration.
- API Key Management.
- Billing Subscription Management.
- Downloads page providing Client SDK download per platform.
- API Key authentication.
- Application and Channel configuration OData endpoints.