Install on Windows
Set up the following before the installation:
- A Redis instance. For a standalone installation on Windows, setting up a Redis instance is optional. The installer can install a Redis instance on your local machine.
- A PostgreSQL instance.
- A RabbitMQ instance. A RabbitMQ instance is required if you need recording management.
Install the Services
Run FM.LiveSwitch.Installer.msi from the LiveSwitch download package.
Select the installation type:
- To install all the LiveSwitch Servers on a local machine for development, select Standalone Server.
- To install each server component on a different machine or set up a server cluster, select Cluster, and then specify the installed components on the local machine.
PostgreSQL connection string parameters must be URL encoded. For example, if your PostgreSQL connection string is:
postgres://email@example.com:password@host:5432/database, encode it to
postgres://username40%domain.com:password@host:5432/databasebecause @ is the reserved character by the connection string.
- For the recording management components, you can use the same PostgreSQL server that you used for the LiveSwitch Server configuration. However, you must create a dedicated database for recording.
- In a cluster environment, you can have as many Recording Movers and Recording Muxers as you want but you can have only one Recording Monitor.
Follow the instructions to finish the installation.
To make sure the installation is successful, visit the LiveSwitch Console at http://localhost:9090/admin.
Find the installed components at
C:\Program Files\Frozen Mountain Software\LiveSwitch. This directory contains up to seven sub-directories, depending on the product features that you have installed. If you have installed Gateway, SIP Connector, or Media Server, the corresponding services are also installed as LiveSwitch Gateway, LiveSwitch SipConnector, LiveSwitch MediaServer, LiveSwitch Recording Monitor, LiveSwitch Recording Mover, LiveSwitch Recording Muxer, and Config Tool. The services start automatically when your machine starts.
|Application||Default HTTP URL||Default HTTPS URL|
|LiveSwitch Media Server||N/A||N/A|
|LiveSwitch SIP Connector||N/A||N/A|
|LiveSwitch Recording Monitor||N/A||N/A|
|LiveSwitch Recording Mover||N/A||N/A|
|LiveSwitch Recording Muxer||N/A||N/A|
You can uninstall LiveSwitch using Programs and Features on Windows.