Webhooks are user-defined HTTP callbacks that can send event-triggered notifications or updates to an external web server. You can use webhooks to hook your own processing into LiveSwitch events. LiveSwitch sends out webhook event updates as an HTTP POST request with the body formatted in JSON.
To add a new webhook, click NEW and set the following:
- Name: Name of the webhook; it doesn't have to be unique.
- URL: The server to POST event information to. Both HTTP and HTTPS are supported, but HTTPS is recommended.
- Event Category: Choose which level the webhook applies to:
- Connection (application-level)
- Client (client-level)
- Channel (channel-level)
- Event Lifecycle: The events available for the given category. When triggered, events send a POST to your configured webhook.
- Batch: Turn on the control to POST multiple events in a single call. Otherwise, each event results in a separate call.
- Disabled: Turn on the control to disable all events.